Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Our rubbish is now their home....literally!

A story we were told when we left Cebu.
When the ship was in Cebu, we received three big containers of stock. All the stock arrived on pallets and these pallets were just going to be thrown out.
I think someone (a local) then asked the ship for permission to take the pallets, which we said yes. We didn't need them. These locals then turned the pallets into a home for a family. Amazing :-) 

Here are some photos we have been sent.

It really is amazing. I know that this may look to some of us like a 'shed'. But this is a home where a family can lay their heads and rest. I have come across so many people who are literally living on the streets. It makes me happy to know that there may be one less family on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment