Thursday, 5 January 2012

It is one year ago today since we were sailing down the Red Sea, through the Gulf of Aden being chased by pirates!



Ok, so we have come to realise that sometimes I get to say random amazing things like:

(Taken from my FB page this past month)
- For these next six hours I will be in a different year to my family and friends in the UK! You can't say that many times in a life time!!
- It is the last day of school today and we are going on a visit to the Singapore Zoo. Now that's what I call a field trip ;-)
- I was reminded tonight that I am part of the most AMAZING ministry in this world! :-)
- Woah....this ship is rolling tonight.... Still, I think it's amazing how we have internet in the middle of the ocean....granted it's limited, it's still pretty cool! :D

Well today is another one of those occasions. It is one year ago today since we were sailing down the Red Sea, through the Gulf of Aden being chased by pirates! I am so thankful that the God who protected me and sustained me then, still looks out for me now!
I can honestly say that I have never felt 'scared' on this ship. There are times when I have felt a little uncomfortable, like with the pirate situation, or because I was going to speak at a Church in a muslim nation where there were possibly spies or secret police in the service waiting for you (me) to say something against their religion, which they could then have you (still me ;-)) put in prison, for a long time. In these kind of situations I have not been able to do anything in my own strength to make it go away.....What I have had to do, is to push further into God. When I have been taken out of my capability zone and not been able to do anything to make it 'right', it has pushed me to trust my Lord and Saviour on a higher level to come through for me, and he always has!
I am not going to go into either story now but do ask me if you ever want to know.
These situations were real. With the pirate one, we sent out a distress call to the Navy ship that was closest to us and they released their helicopter to give us air support. It took me 9 months to tell my family about it. I wanted to tell them in person so that they knew for sure everything was fine. I told them when I was home in September.

When we arrive in this next port, it is my 22nd port in around 16 months. It is my 15th country. I thank God for the huge privilege He has given me to meet His people from literally all around the world. I am supposed to bless and encourage them, but time after time it is me who is blessed, encouraged and amazed to see what He is doing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment