As I said in my earlier post, we are starting to go through a changeover period again on the ship. When this happens, people hand around their memory books for people to write in. So that we can look back on our time on the ship and remember the people who have impacted our lives.
A friend asked me to sign hers recently, but asked me to put in my favourite quotes from famous people. There are one or two quotes that I like but I never remember who wrote them. So I looked them up on the internet and found ones that I knew and ones that I didn't know. There were some really good ones from people in all walks of life. I enjoyed the search.
I want to share some with you, which stood out for me.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton
Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future. - John F. Kennedy
To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. - Oscar Wilde
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future. - Oscar Wilde
It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand. - Mark Twain
I really liked the last couple of quotes. “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future”. It reminds me that the people who I think have it sorted and are perfect and really are saint like....are really just like me...the sinner who happens to have a future!
And for me, the Mark Twin quote is just so true!
No comments:
Post a Comment